7.04.2013

Products I've Used Up!


Buxom Lip Gloss in Yoo-Hoo - I was kind of in the middle with this lipgloss. Doni and I love our nude lippies, and this one was just so-so for me.  The color was ok but not quite as opaque as I like. The staying power was awesome I would have to say. It has a nice smooth texture and isn't sticky at all which is a quality I do look for in a gloss. But for $19 a pop it's just not quite worth it for me. It's not that I would't recommend this gloss to anyone but for the price, I've seen better, so this lovely gets a 2.5.

Batiste Dry Shampoo - I think you all know by now that Doni and I both are beyond obsessed with the Batiste Dry Shampoo...clearly I have two empties there. The original formula is still my fave but the Wild formula/scent is a nice change up every once in a while. This is very affordable at around $7-$8 at ULTA or any drugstore, but keep an eye out at Marshalls or TJMaxx and you can get it for around $5, I like to stock up there when I can. I will give this product a 5 all day err' day!

Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara - The mascara was super hyped up for me in the beauty community and in my book and the type of lash I go for its a total fail. Again, I like thick almost spider-y lashes and this formula not only didn't give me that but also started to flake after the second layer. I know some of you are thinking..."Charisse, it says CLUMP CRUSHER" but I had to try it anyway because so many people seemed to like it. I suppose if you are going for a more natural look, this may be your mascara but for me, I rate it a 1 and would not repurchase or recommend to anyone.

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deeeep Conditioner - Again, I have mentioned this conditioner many times and by the looks of the two empties I have, I heart it BIG time. I will always have a bottle in my shower and a backup of this 5 in my beauty cabinet.

Cetaphil Face Cleanser - Whew, this baby took me a couple years to use! It feels good to finally have it used up but I think part of the reason it took me so long to use it up was because it was only so so for me. Cetaphil is a great brand for sensitive skin, and I'll give it that, no irritating my skin here. But it just didn't do much for my skin, I didn't even feel like it took my makeup off very good and I think a facial cleanser should do that at the least. I give this product a 2 and would only recommend to sensitive skin faces and maybe for people who don't have much acne or wear a lot of makeup to cleanse off at the end of the day.

SJP NYC Perfume - You will probably rarely see perfumes in my empties.  I just have SO many perfumes and like to change up my scent a lot.  This is a very summery, fruity smell and I usually used it in the Spring and Summer. I liked it but didn't love it so I give it a 2.

Aussie Leave In Conditioner Spray - Because I love the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner so much I have been trying to use more Aussie to get more of a feel on the whole brand. I have very dry, fine, thin hair that tends to get tangled after a shower very easily and have to use a detangler or leave in conditioner of some sort on my hair to get a brush through it. It definitely helped me comb through the rats and has the same light fruity smell that Aussie products have. Overall, I enjoyed this spray and felt it did the job that it claimed and would rate it a 4!

Palmers Cocoa Butter for Stretch Marks - This product was given to me by a friend but I have always heard good things about the Palmers brand. With my growing baby belly, I try to lather up with a lotion/stretch mark preventative once a day. I do have previous stretch marks on other parts of my body from puberty but so far, no stretch marks on my belly 6.5 months in! I am a very picky lotion user and can't stand anything that leaves a sticky residue and this cocoa butter doesn't leave a stickiness and the smell is buttery with a hint of chocolate. I have already re-purchased another bottle so I give it a 5!


Zoya Nail Polish Remover - You would think that nail polish removers are pretty standard and I thought the same until I used this stuff!  This 3-in-1 formula claims to be a polish remover, nail cleaner, and nail prep. I would say it does all three! I think it even conditions my cuticles and doesn't leave them dry and flakey like other removers do. The smell is WAY more pleasant than other removers and has a hint of an earthy lavender that I actually like. The formula is this purple color, which I obviously love, GO STATE! But the thing I think I love the most is the bottle! It has a pump top that allows you to put a cotton pad on, pump a couple times and remove your polish. This has decreased in remover spills and is just way more convenient! It is a little more expensive at around $10, but it is TOTALLY worth it! I have already repurchased and rate this polish remover a 5!



Hope this Empties review was helpful and you guys can avoid or purchase some products that I have tried out. I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!!

<3 Charisse



No comments:

Post a Comment