2.20.2015

Braided Updo with Ombre Lip



Long time no see bloggy blog! I was so inspired by this look seen at New York Fashion Week that I just HAD to try and re-create it! Here are the brief steps I took to get this inspired look.

-I put in a decent amount of dry shampoo to give my hair a good amount of texture. Giving everything a good shake.
-I then messily sectioned off the front portion of my hair into 4 parts
-Tilting my head to the left side to make sure the 2 sections on the right fell to the left, I then messily braided each section and secured with a clear band.
-I then repeated on the left side, tilting my head to the right to make sure the 2 braids fell to the right and repeated the 2 braids.
-Then, I very messily pulled apart each section of the braid to make it wider. My hair is actually on the thinner side so I need to do this to give the appearance of a thicker braid. It also adds to the whole messy look.
-After I have my 4 braids loosened and pulled apart, I then gave the back portion of my hair a good tease and added some hairspray to messy it up. I then started bobby pinning up chunky portions of my hair keeping it pretty loose. I had no rhyme or reason to doing this, just messily pinned up sections, allowing the ends to fall where they may.
-Next I took my braided sections and draped the 2 on the right across to the left and draped the two on the left across to the left side and secured the ends with bobby pins. I left them very loose and did not pin them straight to my scalp. Adding hairspray gave them more texture and allowed them to not fall flat on top of my 'do.

I know this is pretty wordy but the main key to this look is do NOT keep it neat! Pull pieces out and straighten the ends with a straightener to give it a piecey look. Hope you enjoyed!






1 comment:

  1. Cute. You should do a YouTube tutorial! The instructions are a little hard to follow.

    ReplyDelete